Brownie is one of everybody's favourite desserts. A rich slice of brownie beside coffee , anytime during the day , who could not say no.
This recipe is a very easy and tasty one to replace our old brownie which has a lot of refined sugar and fat .Walnuts, raw cocoa and dates are the main ingredients of this very easy recipe. When you cover it with organic dark chocolate it is heavenly. My kids love it as a snack and it is a good pre -workout snack. Some additions to the basic recipe could be raisins, hemp seeds.
Otherwise just mixed the ingredients in a blender and form them into little bars. Since they are high in calorie it is a good idea to serve it in small portions.
HINT : Try this recipe like that:
Form squares and keep them in your freezer. Remove them from the freezer one hour before you serve it. Chop fresh organic strawberries and place them on the brownie on the serving plate. Melt 1 oz dark chocolate and add 1/2 cup almond milk and mix well and pour it hot on the brownies. Serve as a dessert at a dinner party.
1/4 cup walnuts
2/3 cup chopped dates
!/4 cups coconut flakes
1 tbs organic vanilla
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup organic dark chocolate "optional"
- Chop the dates in small pieces
- Combine all ingredients (except chocolate) in a blender.
- Mix until they form a homogenous mixture.
- Form either squares or bars and lay them on a non stick paper,
- Keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in bain-marie. Dip the top of the brownies in chocolate and put them back to freezer of 5 min.
- Place them in a closed container and keep it in your fridge.